You’ve heard it before, “attitude is everything.” So true but so difficult to practice every day of the year.
I receive daily emails from a number of sources, most of them are about digital marketing to keep me up to date. But one in particular is from Sam Parker with InspireYourPeople.com. I enjoy the positive energy and tips for keeping a good attitude that spreads to others. In this blog I’m sharing a list from Sam.
Top 10 Wasteful Thoughts
- Defeatist (better to be positively expectant than anticipate defeat)
- Cynical (challenge things (kindly) when necessary but avoid unjustified distrust of human nature and motives)
- Resentful (drop the ego as quickly as you can and give the energy to something more profitable … maybe it’s time for a 48-hour ego cleanse).
- Vindictive (life is limited … either work to rebuild a trusting relationship or peacefully detach from the people who hurt you)
- Regretful (it’s done … what can I learn and what am I going to do now?)
- Wishful (do what you can to influence the situation/project/deal and keep moving forward)
- Self-pity (get over yourself … dump the drama)
- Worry (it won’t help, costs time, and it may never happen)
- Otherly (avoid being overly concerned with what others are doing, saying, and thinking unless that concern can improve things for everyone … otherly isn’t a real word … yet)
- Jealous (want it? earn it)
And if you want to get emails from Sam, sign up on his website “InspireYourPeople.com“